Monday, September 22, 2014

Books! Books! Books!... Uh, sort of.


I attended the 35th Manila International Book Fair. Every year we have this "book fair" here in Manila so it's not a big deal, but I think it's getting a little stale and boring.

So, for started, the book fair - I paid  P20.00 as an entrance fee and then… National Bookstore? Fully Booked? I can enter those stores anytime without paying any fees, right? So where’s the logic there? Anyway, the claim is that you can buy books at a bargain price compare to those you buy outside the fair.






Now, entering the fair, what you get is a lot of Christian/religious stalls (which is another story ) and they’re the one selling books at bargain prices - for a low as P50.00! Now how about those other books? Those with interesting topics? Those who don’t give you too much “hallelujah!” 

There is still the children’s book - which is great… if you got kids.  And MY GOLLY! Hundreds and hundreds of those "Anime" wannabes and Wattpad and Wattpad clones!

So again, where are those interesting books? 

The whole event has occupied the whole SMX lower floor and what I’m just getting is more bunion than books. Most are those school textbooks are quite expensive. There are a few interesting books like that “almost” perfect copy of Rizal’s Noli Me Tangere and El Filibusterismo. There are also some robots and this 3D Printer - but other than that? Hey! I came here for books remember? This is a "book fair." Hayz! I think the book selections  on Booksale and that bookstore at the Manila City Hall underpass are more interesting compare to what I just paid for 20 bucks.

So at the end of the day what did I bought in this so-called book fair?

I got myself 2 bags of fertilizers for my tomato plants.






The Crowd, the crowd...





























No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... }, 10);
netoops blog